people

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Sleepless nights

Looks like Sarah's going to be busy the next few days spending time and catching up on the latest news with her family. I hear from the Nurse that'll she'll be going back to KL on the 30th, before Gawai, though. So there's the deadline for the 3 of us to meet up and exchange gossip.
I've not had a good nights sleep for about 2 nights now, don't know why. I get insomnia now and again, but this round might have been caused by the heat. My sleep schedule is also pretty much screwed up since I came back from KL 2 weeks ago- because I don't have to wake up at 7am to go to work anymore, so I go to sleep around 2am and wake up at 10.30am.
Being a bum is also no good for my general health. Every time I come home from uni or work for a short holiday, I'm bound to come down with the flu or headache spell, etc. Probably caused by all the inactivity.....but I never learn my lesson, so I just popped a Febricol this afternoon and my nose has cleared up.
Speaking of medication, does anyone know of the name of a travel sickness pill with the side effect of putting you to sleep or will any travel sickness med do that? Every time I fly long distance, I can never get a satisfactory amount of sleep, so I need chemical help. Yes, yes, I know it's bad for my insides (those healthy healthy organic veg eating people would be horrified at the way I pop pills), but I'd rather let my liver handle the extra filtering than letting my mind and the rest of my body go into zombie mode after 24 hours of being hauled halfway around the world. I let that happen the last time and man, I looked and felt like crap.
I was one very unhappy camper.
So me and my drugs are going to be inseparable this time.

No comments: