people

Monday, May 23, 2005

2 family gatherings in a day

Just realized after posting yesterday's blog that it's a tad long. Sorry,all...I am very aware, as you all will be, that I have a problem with verbosity, so today's blog will be as short as possible.
This afternoon, went to one of my aunt's place where The Aunts were having High Tea. The Nieces and Nephews (my cousins and I) were all there, so I got to see the new additions to the family, baby Tammy and baby Gerard, both less than a year old, but they were both very big for their age. One of my cousins remarked that baby Gerard looked like a sumo wrestler, and I have to admit, he does. Is it me or are babies these days getting bigger and smarter? Must be all the baby formulas they're drinking, enriched with all those vitamins and proteins and what-not. One of my niece is almost 2 years old and she's really quite clever for her age. She speaks and talks back to you in 2 languages- English and Mandarin. She's very self-aware and because she's cute, she can twist you around her little finger. In other words, she's smart and she's spoiled, and I really don't envy her mum when she gets older and starts breaking little boys' hearts.
The 2nd family gathering of the day was a BBQ at my own house, with a different set of cousins- the ones from my mother's side. We had the usual chicken wings, rojak, etc. My brother did all the hard work and the last chicken wing has now been BBQ-ed, most of the plates have been cleared away and everyone's settled down in front of the TV to watch The Apprentice.
Isn't it funny how Malaysians always get together with food?
And Donald Trump has finally chosen a female Apprentice. Complete spoiler available in the papers today. And the Toto Jackpot has reached RM15 million. Anyone interested in starting a blog gambling pool?

Happy Wesak Day to all celebrating the festival!

No comments: