people

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

My weekend

Ah, now we've come to the real topic of the day.After sadness, there comes light.
And i have exactly 30 minutes to spill out everything.

My weekend was full of old movies and lots of napping (exam aftershock).I woke up on Sat with a nice pounding headache. Thank god i took a panadol and it went away.Went to midv in the afternoon to scour for a dress, then came to the conclusion that i am fated to wear a pink colored one. And i finally saw Jaws 2 for the first time! Exciting? yes, especially that i can't see a huge shark like that in real life. I was being sarcastic.
Wanted to watch movies, but then i was out of cash and everyone was pretty busy.
But i seriously enjoyed my sat night. i was watching david letterman, and he told about the george bush joke.
What is george bush's best pick up line?



Are you from Afghanistan?

I know with the pic above its hard to imagine him being charming with that one -liner, but believe me it was funny.
The next memorable interview was the one where the kumars had an interview with boy geoge. All i can say is that he's shocking.i wonder why he likes to paint his body? but he does have beatiful eyelashes, and he's got nice lips.
The worst was on sunday when i had to return my borrowed books to subang parade and got absolutely caught in the rain. And it is NOT romantic to be dripping wet from head to toe, even with an umbrella for cover. i can only hope the books i borrowed are worth reading.
The last topic for the day is racism.i was chatting to some friends online, when a friend of mine told me she experienced racism, and from the very same girl/people who really wanted to be friends with me. isn't it ironic? it got me really sad because i can't believe some people i know will act like that. I told her either it has never happened to me, or i must be the blurrest person in the planet.And its sad because we all knew each other since we were young.
I don't like things like this being revealed, because now i will see these people in a different light. And she wouldn't elaborate more, but it gave me just enough info to see her schooling days were not happy. Lucky for her she went to another school.
The moral of the day is that people still judge you based on your parents status, how much cash you have, and whether you are socially at the same level with them
if i am angry enough, i might write again about this topic another day.



"Are you from Afghanistan?"

No comments: