people

Friday, July 14, 2006

Pirates are here!

I have an hour left before i go back to kl. i am gonna skip my plenary this afternoon (its about ethics) and i figure that i'm not so bad in the moral department. the sole reason why i'm going back so early is to book tickets at gsc midvalley for the pirates 2. i've tried online booking and sms but its all reserved. i think if i were to actually go there and buy the tickets it would be ok. this week is relaxing for me, i was posted to the maternal and child health section of the community clinic.

its interesting to see what sort of cases they have there, and also a joy to hold babies. hehehe...i've been praised for holding a baby the right way by my colleagues, so yeah. the worst thing a baby has to undergo is immunisation. i have to learn the correct way to immunize a baby, but when they start to cry and wail...i feel that my heart gets broken too. Other things i did was to palpate pregnant mother's tummy, do booking for first time mothers and family planning.

the highlight of the week was going for school visit, where we follow the schoo health van to primary and secondary schools. it reminds me back to My own schoolyears. i remembered that i didn't cry when they jabbed me in standard 1. On that particular day , it was jabbing time for the standard 1 pupils. none of them cried, and i actually got to see head lice for the first time. I feel really 'geli' to see the insects moving around a girl's head. I also examined for testicular abnormalities in schoolboys. i had to feel whether their testes was absent or not. It made me feel like a paedophile for 10 minutes.

the immunization program is really good, and i'm thankful that our government does take good care of its people. times have changed, and the immunization schedule has undergone a bit of transformation too. i wouldn't mind going to school visits when i'm a dr next time, its fun to see the school children at their most innocent.

now, i shall try my luck at buying tickets for tomorrow.

No comments: