people

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My first PD trip

Last saturday my mom's office organized a family day for the weekend. they picked me up at noon, but couldn't stop in front of my house because the road leading to it was blocked by worshippers from a nearby temple. its a festival honoring one of the hindu gods, and that day a lot of them were doing a procession and carrying kabbadis. so, i had to walk to the main road where she could pick me up.
the place where we stayed was the corus hotel. it has 9 floors and we stayed on the second. my cousins came along for this trip with my aunt. i was too lazy to join in the competitions so i did a little bit of studying in the afternoon. then about 2 hours later i had to save my youngest cousin from the adults. we all went swimming in the pool later on. coincidentally, this is the first time since march that i've gone swimming. thank god i still remember my strokes !

dinner was around 8pm. my mom had to give a speech, and there were a few dance performances from the office staff. the food that they served was good, and i myself ate around 6 mussels. Yum........my little cousin didn't even want to touch anything else aside from musssels. I overate as usual (i don't get to eat good food during the weekdays) then sat back on my chair and watched the performances. Majority of it was karaoke done by the office workers. A few were good, and most were OK-lah (note that i am being very generous in giving my praises for this). I went back to my room around 10.30 after seeing my cousins perform with my mom. Again, i thank god i was being excused not to perform with them, it was a dance routine. I would have been jiggling my ass on the stage for 10 minutes, and its not a pretty sight ;P

the next morning i planned to swim again, but i woke up to find the pool colonised by little kids. so i took a walk around the hotel grounds. and i had to watch something gruesome. i saw this big, bad , ugly crow attacking this small little pretty blue bird. it was going for the little birds head, trying to decapitate it. and the most pitiful thing is that the bird's group was trying to defend it from the crow by sporadically swooping down on the crow. Yucks...its watching animal planet live. i didn't stick around for the crow to win.

yesterday i had a teaching session, and it was my turn to present. one of my colleagues patient, who has anxiety, depression and insomnia came to be assessed by my lecturer. No one wanted to clerk him, and i was obliged to do it. but it was good in a way, because i got a satisfactory mark from interviewing him. I think that will be the end of my clerking days, cos i gotta give everyone else a chance. Each of us is supposed to clerk a minimum of two patients.

My dad will be coming to kl this weekend and i am naturally overjoyed. sometimes its good to be the only girl in the family. The mega sale is also just starting, and here are some the things i need/want:

1. a new pair of sneakers (preferably Skechers)
2. Stephen King's THe Cell
3. A mini Jansport backpack
4. New specs (hopefully)

Mom will be buying me a new handbag since my bro says the current one looks like an old lady's bag. Why are younger brothers so irritating?

PS. I am also glad my cousin jasmine is back at home. I hope this will never happen again.

No comments: