people

Thursday, October 26, 2006

my laptop crashed

its now 11.30 pm and i've just finished one report. sigh, i hate to do reports. its not so much about typing, but about What to type. And now my eyes are strained. I had been wanting to write this afternoon, but my laptop was being reformatted by a classmate. I did some internet updates which i wasn't suppposed to do, and in the end i got barred from accessing my computer. Worse, i had bought a new computer game that i was dying to try out yesterday. Can't imagine life without my comp, its my soulmate for the moment! Anyway, said classmate did a brilliant job of rescuing my comp. Not only were all my original files retained, he also added a few programs to protect me from internet viruses and spywares. I need to 'belanja' him KFC one day.
Microsoft Vista is coming out, supposedly by the end of this year,and my dad said its one heck of a program. I m supposed to get a new laptop next year. the current one is f***ing slow, and its so frustrating to see others going topspeed on their internets. I want a Toshiba. but i love my current laptop all the same, its serviced me well for 5 years, plus all my pics and songs are in here.
Has anyone realised it takes an hour to cook,but only 20 minutes to finish eating what we've cooked? Sungguh tak berbaloi! But i am proud to say that my cooking skills has increased a bit...if only a bit. I am hankering for pancakes, but my housemates are not so keen to eat it. I am also hankering for mcdonald's icecream, and some gelato. I'll have to wait to go back to kl tomorrow.
what i really wanted to write today was about our politicians. Yes...those politicians who seems to promise a lot during elections but fail to deliver, and instead build gigantic houses without permits on land meant for the poor. I've always had a thing to say against policitians, and the current national news just strengthens my belief that we malaysians are really not using our brains when it comes to choosing our wakil rakyat. Worse still, no one dares to report them when they have done something which is against the law, and these politicians just get bolder and bolder till they believe they are above everyone else. Don't blame me for not voting; i don't feel like it. and don't ask me why i shouldn't join politics to make a change. One voice can of course make a difference, but i am not willing to sacrifice so much of myself for the thousands of others. its not my destiny. but for the 1or 2percent of honest politicians out there, i salute them for doing what they do. Its not easy to be straight when everyone else is crooked. why are we so pea brained to vote for these people? Its not as if they all have Phd's or something. most of them are like you or me. Why???
Another one involves the issue of a long overdue meeting between the Pm and ex-Pm. It was supposed to be a confidential meeting, and the next day all that transpired appears on the national newspapers. I respect both of them, but i have ABSOLUTE confidence that the PM knows what he is doing, and if we give him our support and be patient, i'm sure he can make a change. Its easy to critisize, but its different when you're in the hot seat.
Another interesting article appeared last weekend, when this columnist was telling about how her relatives who migrated overseas would send her emails regarding our country and how bad things are. She wondered why those relatives have to mail her news that which she already knows of, and said that no matter how bad things are, she stays in this country because she loves it and can't imagine living anywhere else in the world. She ended by saying 'heaven is where you make of it'. I think it is true what she says. I have no problems of people migrating, that is their business and i wish them luck. But it smacks of rudeness when they start critisizing the country which they were born, and which gave them the oppportunity to migrate in the first place. I think every country has its own problems, and its up to the people to find beauty in everyday life. Sure, some things need to be changed, but our country is actually a very nice place to live in. I also take my life for granted, until i visited other countries and saw the different cultures and policies. So yea, home is where the heart is!

No comments: