people

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I'm so exhaused

Yes, this is the week of hell for me. After a day at school, i have to go back to hospital every night to clark patients to prepare for tomorrow's session. what's different is that i didn't have to do this much work for other postings. Add to the fact that i HAVE to study again after i come back, its so exhausting for me. I have to send one case summary on friday, and tonight i have to learn about the induction of labour. Oh, i can't wait for friday. Its really killing me!!!
IN the last posting, i wrote about how women suffered during a vaginal delivery, and that i vowed to myself i would do a Caesarian section. Well, i take back my words. C-section is worse than vaginal delivery. Last weekend i was on-call at the labour room and i happened to see a case where a patient, a first time mother, had to do an operation. First they cut near the beneath the suprapubic area. Then, they make the cut bigger by pulling apart the subcutaneous tissue and fat with their own hands. Imagine doing that to all the layers of the skin, including the rectus abdominis, just to deliver the fetus. whew, i'm opting for a vaginal delivery anyday,even if they have to do an episiotomy on me.
tonight i have to go back to the wards again. Its really near the festive seasons, so not many patients are in the wards. I'm expecting a baby boom after hari raya. Imagine all the expectant mothers just holding on long enough until the festive seasons are over!!

No comments: