people

Friday, May 25, 2007

Yo-ho yo-ho, a pirates life i lead



hehehehhe....i'm gonna watch witty Jack this saturday. Damn! Its the last of the trilogy. Kudos to johnny depp for making pirates look sexy and cool. Now if only they brushed their teeth....My poor dad had to line up last saturday to buy the tickets. if i were to buy it today, chances are i'm gonna sit in the front row again and sprain another ankle. i'm sad to report that iwon't be going to the rainforest music festival because all the tickets have been sold out, and my parents can't make it. Sob.

I'm finished my two weeks posting at the emergency department. my first week was interesting. i was on the morning shift, and on the first day itself i got to do cpr on a patient. Unfortunately he didn't make it through. another interesting case was when a patient was involved in a motor vehicle accident and fractured his mid femur and tibia and fibula. it was graded Gustillo type 3c, yang paling teruklah. the poor man had to be referred to UMMC, where he'll be undergoing a vascular graft. Otherwise, most of the cases are asthma, chest pain, trauma, but no poisoning.

I've been playing a lot of online games, one of them is Neopets. Its an online virtual pet thingy, and i'm sadly addicted to it. Since i don't have tv, i dunno what to do in my spare time. There is youtube, but it takes so long to upload. My current favourite is the Simpson's clips. Gotta love that crazy family!

Ill be back to sarawak in july and august, doing my selectives and electives. its scary because i'm the only one there. my grand plan is to deliver as many babies as i can in a two week period. I'm also actually thinking of working part time or voluntarily at a pet shop, doing grooming for dogs or cats. I like animals, and until i start working, i can't own one. My entire family have vowed to wash their hands of my future pet (probably a cute little sausage dog) because they don't like handling pet shit. Its enough for them that stray cats keep dropping their dung on my front yard.

I also wanted to write about our crackpot local politicians and the way they just let loose in parliament, until this morning when i read an article in the NST about jokers. The writer was saying that we can make jokes, but of course at the appropriate time-lah. He was saying that if were to make gay jokes in the US, we'd be labelled a homophobic. Anyone seen Russell Peters? i watched his skit once, courtesy of a friend, and that guy makes fun of EVERYONE, but no one cares because its harmless. At the end of the day, those funny traits are what makes each of our cultures unique. So i shall clamp my mouth and try to be a bit less rigid. Those of you who want to know what our zany politicians have been up to can read the Star or NST online. And it seems our government buildings have been breaking down, one way or another. Just yesterday, the new court building in Jalan Duta was swamped with water up to 7 cm , from a burst pipe. How can wan.... the building is brand new man, just opened a few months ago. But knowing that this is Malaysia, it willl be swept underneath the carpet by next week.

Paris Hilton is going to jail soon, and she's been spotted toting a couple of holy books with her, ranging from the Bible, to self-help books to buddhism. I hope she goes to jail longer. Yeah yeah, i memang suka gossip kan? But i don't care. Anyone wants to label the world's number one gossip, go ahead. Its been in my body system ever since i was in st tri, and those were the best years of my life :)

Elliot Yamin of last year's American Idol has just released his album, and i like on e of the singles. Lets see if i can find it on youtube:



Its called 'wait for you'. I was hooked on him when i heard him sing Moody's Mood for love. His voice is so rich.




oklah,i gotta go back to kay-el soon.

No comments: